It's not so cold here as I thought it would be but the rest of this week promises rain and I'm so ready for that! The fact that it's already deep into the fall and still sunny makes me miss the rain. Meanwhile I will just make fall soups like this delicious Hearty Soup! No special ingredient list required, most of these ingredients you have at home. Besides that, its easy and beneficial. Since autumn season carries the common cold, best to eat health beneficial produce to prevent getting sick. For example, carrots contain a large amount of antioxidants and vitamin A which work as a powerhouse for the body. Containing half of your daily recommended daily value, potatoes serve as a fuel for your brain and body. Another main ingredient, the onions, help boost immunity which can also help you stay healthy and away from the sickness. Boost your health with this Hearty Soup!
- 1-2 pounds of Beef or Lamb (depending on how much meat you like in your soup)
- 4 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 4 Tablespoons of oil
- Fresh Parsley
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Water 1 liter
- In a cast iron pot heat 4 Tablespoons of oil.
- Cut the meat into small pieces and add into the pot. Stirring the meat occasionally until it becomes brown, will take about 10 mins.
- While the meat is cooking, peel and wash your vegetables.
- Chop the onions and add to the meat, continue to fry for another 7 mins or until the onions are soft and clear.
- Chop 2-3 tomatoes and also add into the pot,
- In the next step, add 4 potatoes and 2 carrots, cut potatoes in smaller pieces and chop the carrots, add to the pot. Cook for another 5 mins.
- Add in 1 chopped red pepper. Stir.
- Pour int the water, about 4 cups or as much as to cover all the ingredients and an inch higher. Add in salt ( I add about a tsp) and pepper by your taste. Bring to a boil.
- Take off the foam with a spoon, that has gathered on top. Add in the washed parsley (not cut), reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for about an hour, or until the potatoes are soft and cooked.
- After the potatoes and vegetables are cooked through, remove the parsley, it was just for flavor you won’t need it anymore.
The soup is ready, enjoy!