It's Wednesday! Another soup recipe. Quick all-in-one pot recipes are my favorite because dishes are not what I like to do. This minestrone is not just one pot meal, but also hearty, healthy and filling.
Since this soup has some canned ingredients, lets talk a little about BPA (bisphenol A). You should defiantly look for the Organic and BPA-Free cans. Why do you want to avoid BPA? The short answer is that it is a chemical. It can disrupt your hormones. According to a study by Scientific American, BPA is also linked to the obesity epidemic in children. How scary is that! We as parents should just take action and protect our children and ourselves from this chemical.
One Pot Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 14oz can organic diced tomatoes (no salt)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup pasta
- 14oz can organic kidney beans, drain and rinse
- shredded parmesan cheese- for garnish
- fresh basil- for garnish
- Heat up 3 Tablespoon olive oil in a soup pot.
- Add in chopped onion, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add in chopped celery and carrot, sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic, 1/4 teaspoon oregano, 1/4 teaspoon basil, a teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Give it a stir.
- Add in organic diced tomatoes.
- Add 6 cups vegetable broth, bring to a boil.
- Add 1 cup pasta in, cook until pasta is ready. 10 minutes.
- Add in organic kidney beans. Bring to a boil, salt to taste if needed and turn off heat.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese (optional) and fresh chopped basil.