This one pot chili recipe is satisfying and full of healthy goodness. My mom shared this quick chili recipe with me a few years back. The best part is that its made all in one pot! Don't you love these kind of recipes, because who really wants to to stand and wash dishes. (Not me) I always cook with organic ingredients, but I realize that not everyone does. However, do add a few pennies in for organic and BPA- free lining can of tomatoes.
Quick One Pot Chili Recipe
- 2 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can (14oz) organic diced tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 10 oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14oz) of organic red kidney beans
- 1 liter (946ml) of vegetable broth
- 1 package of taco seasoning (1/3 cup)
- In a large pot heat up 2 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- To the pot, add in 1 pound of lean ground beef, a pinch of salt. Sauté for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add onion. Sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and 1 can of diced tomatoes (with juice).
- Add frozen vegetables, and red kidney beans. Stir all together.
- Add in 1 package of taco seasoning (1/3 cup)
- Pour in 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- Salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.