It sure has been a busy summer! Things have been fairly busy, and since summer is short, I have decided to spent more time with my kids rather than working on my site. I even got all the school supplies and clothes all ready and neatly organized. Our summer this year was not as hot as some of the other years, but we got some hot days and we sure used them with pool time and boat riding. Two of my kids learned to swim, so that was a proud mama moment. During the colder, rainy summer days I cooked up soup. This tomato soup was one of them, and it was easy to prepare. Tomatoes are rich in vitamins A, C, K, folate and potassium. It is a filling and satisfying soup. If you love tomatoes you will love this tomato soup.
Tomato Soup Recipe
- 3-Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic, minced
- 2-tablespoon un-bleached flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 28-oz can organic whole peeled tomatoes (or 2 12 oz cans)
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- croutons (optional)
- fresh dill or parsley for garnish
- In a medium size soup pot, heat up 3 Tablespoons olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic, sear until slightly golden-brown.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of flour and stir to coat the onion and garlic.
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth, and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let it cool down.
- Blending all together.
- Put it back in the pot, and heat it up.
- Garnish with cheese, croutons and parsley.